Chia: Don't Be Misled By SMS Out To Tarnish Minister's Name

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 29 (Bernama) -- Deputy Information Minister Datuk Seri Chia Kwang Chye today said some irresponsible elements are out to tarnish the reputation of Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein via a short message service (SMS) purportedly sent out by Bernama, the Malaysian National News Agency, yesterday.

"The Education Minister did not make such a statement nor did Bernama send out such an SMS," he said in a statement issued here today.

The SMS purportedly quoted Hishammuddin talking about Indian and Chinese voter support.

Chia advised the people not to be misled by the SMS.

A spokesman from Hishammuddin's office said the Umno Youth chief also did not make any public statement yesterday.

He said his office would ask the authorities to identify the source of the malicious SMS.

-- BERNAMA


http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news.php?id=299403


But I have a Question:

Why not Hishammuddin make a statement? And I am sure people will by default believe this because we did before heard Ali Rustam said this (http://selians.blogspot.com/2007/10/even-god-himself-cant-sink-umno-like-he.html) and till date we did not hear any apology or the whip of BN taking action.

People trusting such SMS's not because they are stupid but there are past factors that makes them accept it without even checking it. For me when I got the SMS I logged in to Bernama and searched. But I did not see it. I think there should be a statement from Datuk Seri Hishammuddin that UMNO still needs MIC / MCA and other component parties......

Correct me if I am wrong .....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Yogi

More About Maha Avatar Babaji

Story of Saint Patinatar