Zaid considering leaving Umno

KOTA BARU:

Datuk Zaid Ibrahim, who resigned from his job as Minister in the Prime Minister's Department last month, is considering leaving Umno.

His reason is that he does not see a future for him in the party.

"I have given 20 years of my political life (to Umno) and I have got into a lot of difficulties because of my views and not that I was disloyal. I have always have different views in many things previously and today."

"I have been suspended from the party for nothing and the latest, disqualified from running for (the Kota Baru) division election."

"So what do you want me to do if you are in my position," Zaid said in an interview at his house in Pasir Hor here today.

The de facto law minister tendered his resignation in mid-September over the government's use of the Internal Security Act, which allows detention without trial, against three individuals including DAP stalwart Teresa Kok and blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin.

Zaid, however, said he had not make any final decision on his position in Umno.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/NewsBreak/20081004151826/Article/index_html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Yogi

More About Maha Avatar Babaji

Story of Saint Patinatar