Guan Eng: AG’s report also uncovered land scams

Guan Eng: AG’s report also uncovered land scams
By BERNARD SEE and ABIGAIL TAN


GEORGE TOWN: Ten land scam cases involving more than RM35mil were highlighted in the Auditor-General’s 2007 report for Penang, said Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.

“I have been harping on the land scam issue since I took office and now even the Auditor-General has supported my findings.

“I now have a Herculean task to clean up the land scams, I hope that my predecessor Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon and former state executive councillor in charge of land, Datuk Seri Abdul Rashid Abdullah, will come forward to help me,” he said at a press conference on Wednesday.

Lim said he received the Auditor-General’s report on Aug 29 which highlighted 10 land scam cases using forged documents.

“One case involved a plot of land worth RM32.8mil after the ownership of a church land was changed to that an individual through a forged court order. I want to know how such a thing could have occurred,” he added.

Most of the cases are presently being investigated by the police.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/10/nation/20080910160601&sec=nation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Yogi

More About Maha Avatar Babaji

Story of Saint Patinatar