MAS fined for serving meat to a vegetarian

Taken From Forwarded Mail:

MAS fined for serving meat to a vegetarian
PENANG - A Malaysian court has ordered national flag carrier Malaysia Airlines to pay an Indian man 20,000 ringgit (US$5,700) in damages for serving him meat after he asked for a vegetarian meal. Arvind Sharma, 44, said he vomited after he was served chicken on a flight from Bangalore to Kuala Lumpur in March 2003, the New Straits Times said. A magistrate in northern Penang state ruled that Sharma - a member of the Brahmin caste who claimed he had never eaten meat in his life - should be compensated for the depression, shock, mental anguish and humiliation he suffered. The airline's negligence caused Sharma a "blemish in his code of conduct", the newspaper quoted the judge as saying.

http://malaysiahotelnews.blogspot.com/2007/06/mas-fined-for-serving-meat-to.html

(was published in THE STAR too)

I Guess I would have earned RM60,000.00 if I would have done the same when MAS served me Fish and Chicken at 3 different time on MAS flight. Rather then making a complaint to MAS that earned me little Enrich points and 50% discount on flight to Manila and hassle of meetings with MAS and getting the same blunder again and again ...I should have taken them to court!

I hope I don't go into the habit of challenging in court as many more big companies will have to face the situation. (next will be a bank).

1st They served chicken (flight to Delhi)

2nd They had Solomon fish as appetizer at my VGML meal (India)

3rd They said they did have any VGML even when I have made the pre-booking (Manila)

Congrats Sharma.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Yogi

More About Maha Avatar Babaji

Story of Saint Patinatar